Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DALI: CREATIVE MUSE FOR MEMOIR WRITERS



SALVADOR DALI would have fit right in to today's world of personal branding. He wasn't a late bloomer, but his writing -- yes, he was a writer as well as a painter -- encourages people of all ages to mine their creative selves.  Here are some favorite quotes:

BE ORIGINAL: "The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot."

DON'T BE A SLAVE TO ORIGINALITY: "Those who don't want to imitate anything, produce nothing."

BE YOUR OWN BIGGEST FAN: "Every morning upon awakening, I experience a supreme pleasure: that of being Salvador Dali, and I ask myself, wonderstruck, what prodigious thing will he do today, this Salvador Dali."

DON'T THINK SO HIGHLY OF YOURSELF: "Have no fear of perfection -- you'll never reach it."

DREAM BIG: "At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.        


JUST DO IT: "If you play at being a genius, you become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment